Thursday, October 11, 2012

moved to a new city, new tattoo, new man, happiness

Dear Universe:

It has been nearly a year again since I wrote on this blog.
For those of you that have left; that's alrite. For those of  you who have stayed; thank you and my life is more rich for your presence.
  • I am glad that I left the city where I lived for over 10 years. I only miss my family and some select friends. It was the right thing to do. When I do visit I feel recharged and loved and I hope they all know that. Mom, Dad, Kelly, Brendan, Reagan, Gillian, Molly, Tab, Phil & Marie (and their family).
  • I now work for a Dermatologists office and I am very happy. I work for a motely crew but a great one. A really great office manager and bosses. I especially like one of the nurses. She is a god-send and an amazing soul.
  •  I wasnt dating before because it seemed to make me crazy and less inclined to improve myself. Its true and then again it wasnt. I was more focused on my fitness and character improvement but I allowed being single to be a nagging voice in my ear - whispering "youre still not good enough". I have met someone wonderful and he has two great children. I feel very fulfilled and happy and every day is a different challenge. I realize I am very lucky and I press through the tough times and cherish the easy ones. I would not trade anything for what I have with them.
  • I was working in the hospitality industry and over a year found that (that particular one) did not promote from within without a pedigree. By pedigree I mean- 'your parents are in the tax bracket we are more comfortable with so we will promote you'. Not to be ugly but that is the trend that I saw and it never deviated from that. Sadly at my resignation several other employees followed and there was a very big turnover. I hope management noticed and is taking better care of the people there who need recognition and promotion.  
  • Extra job? Yup, still need one. My car will be paid off this November but it already rolled past  100,000. *unhappy face* Finding the manual has proved elusive as-all-get-out. I do have a feeler out to a local NAPA auto parts store. Maybe that will pan out.  I REALLY need to familiarize myself with my car and get my head above water financially (without a car payment for at least a year). I'd still love to buy something for cash that gets much better gas mileage.  I'm exploring motorcycle lessons and a small engine motorcycle!
  • The big picture is STILL to be out of debt by 40 yrs old with much better credit. This is for peace of mind and to qualify for the things I'll need in the future for my family and my boyfriends family (if we marry).
  • I really feel that I chose my new city well (Savannah/Guyton). Its beautiful and there is ALWAYS something to do! Festivals, concerts, outdoor activities! Its the best move Ive ever made and living in the burbs (besides the gas mileage) is smart, too. I can enjoy the city and all its awesomeness and retire out in the country to the quiet.
  • I'm learning that friends are much more important than I ever imagined. The ones that I previously mentioned have still stuck closer than what some people have for family. I went home and was received like a sister at a friends house out in the country. She was funny, gracious, down-to-earth and loving. I wish I could see her at least once a month. I really have found out who my friends are and I am very grateful and humbled by this. 
  • The local 5k and half marathon I signed up for I compeleted and did well in! I have rested on my laurels a bit and gained some weight/lost my fitness edge some. I recently started back walking and have lost 10lbs. I have 65 more to go and I KNOW I can do it!
  • I have not seen much of my family due to recovering from being paid so poorly at my first job in this town. While I was grateful for the experience and appreciated being employed...I implore you to all be more kind to hotel clerks (esp night clerks)...it did not afford me any time or ability to see my family but once. I miss them very much and feel that I have accomplished a little more in life and feel I can go home with my head raised a little higher. I hope to see them this Christmas/Thanksgiving. I'd also really love if they came and visited me. As I said before; I don't think they love me less at where I am now but it would be nice to make them more comfortable with my accomplishments than uncomfortable empathizing about my woes.
  • Have a new tattoo!! Im 5 hours in and probably have another 5 and a half hours to go. Its a giant red pacific octopus emerging from stormy seas! It matches the sea turtle on my left hip in style and I will eventually connect the two with more water/waves. See?
  • My best friend moved away to accomplish furthering his career in the finance world. He is unhappy at the present and I am very upset about this. While weve' had our differences- he is a wonderful man that deserves all that life has to offer. I hope he finds his niche soon and settles into a better area.
- To my remaining followers or those who's blogs I follow: I hope you are all well and that things are going well/wonderful in your lives.

Namaste!

No comments: