Monday, November 9, 2009

Bocce Ball, piercings, good food, family

Dear Universe:
Thank you for family; first and foremost, that I could never live without.
My sister taught me Bocce Ball this weekend and I had a great time! We decided there should be new rules...you should always play with a lounging dog on the first 2 feet of play area, you should smash a finger (for good luck?) with the balls, and should play on an area with deviations (rocks, poo, grass, vole hole divots, and tree root snarls) for added difficulty.

She also showed me how to start a fire with three sticks and a rock. No, really...she's a wilderness guide and demonstrated with amazing proficiency how to start a whole (albeit small [in our folks driveway]) campfire without a lighter/matches. Then we sat outside and listened to music and stooged. We also had my niece outside for a few hours, ran her ragged and she also demolished a organic box of Cheddar Bunnies. (actually demolished). We roasted hot dogs and marsh mellows on the small fire and giggled the whole time. The hot dogs didn't turn out so good but the marsh mellows were great.

My dearest friend George cooked an incredible meal for my family this weekend. Just because. Isn't he awesome?! An Italian-Bread-Crumb-&-Parmesan encrusted chicken breasts meal with potatoes and green beans. He's beyond 'a catch' he's wonderfully ideal! I saw a falling star that night and held his hands and gave my wish for 'happiness' to him. It needs to come true. He deserves it.

I helped put up extra fencing for my dogs' escape moves he has now perfected. Leaping over the very high fence if there are loose dogs, kids on bikes, etc outside the fence is his new talent.

My sister compared notes with me about the addition to my tattoo I want and gave me some professional artist's input. I will be sketching for the next few months and probably use my PrismaColors down to nubs but hopefully I can flesh out (ha-ha) what I am hoping to do near the end of next summer. I'll take it to the wonderful souls at Black Orchid in Savannah and see how things go. Nearly a full belt! Cross your fingers folks!

Today we went to my dad's office and got our flu shots (H1N1)...ugh. Then finished out our errands with camping supply shopping and a quick interlude at Beyond Taboo. Yay! My jewelry's back in and my sis re-pierced her Labret piercing. We laughed at some of the flash tattoos and had a generally good day. She bought brunch and I bought a little chow for all before we headed home. 


I cooked dinner tonight for my family. Instant dinner type stuff, but dinner nonetheless.They were tired and had been wonderful and unfailingly great all weekend.I really do need to learn to 'cook' more but I'd rather learn belly dancing or some other talent; LOL. 

Despite not sleeping well lately ...this has been a wonderful past four days.

(on a last and sad note: one of my sisters college friends was a victim in the Ford Hood shooting. Prayers and well wishes out to the young man's family) 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It was wonderful to see your note on my blog. So glad again your sister and niece were ok.
Are you Italian? Bocce Ball is an old time favorite in our family-but generally reserved for just the men. What can I say-they're old-school ;-)/
My love to your sister's friend. What a tragedy. I am at a loss for words. My husband said last week, "What happened to people just quietly jumping off a bridge when they are distraught?" Either way, it's awful.
xo

"Kate Asaurus Rex" said...

Youre more than welcome for the comment. Youre writings are wonderful.
I'm not Italian. I just have adventurous friends who patiently teach me cool, new games. LOL.
I heard it was 'guys' sport.
Thank you for your condolences. She is young and I think this was the first time she lost a friend to something so violent. Hated seeing her so upset.