Thursday, November 5, 2009

what to expect

Dear Universe:

-Why is it okay to for women to moon over romantic movies and books and 'wish' men were more like that?  Its as foolish as men mooning and 'wishing' we were all something women are 'not' (going to do/be all the time). Maybe its time for women to put down the bodice ripper novels and Cosmo and the men to turn off Spike TV and put down Maxim....and they should look for 'real' and wonderful people they realize they arent supposed to be media-programmed for.


- I'm going to boycott 'media romance' in as many forms as I can for a bit and I bet I'll come out of the stupor and appreciate normal, wonderful men much more.
-My dog is having issue with staying in the yard. *sigh* Best dog in the world 80% of the time. Guess I had this coming.
- and at the mention of eating cold spaghetti of a newly made friend...I tried it. She's right! Its wonderful.

3 comments:

Tammy Spires said...

"..and at the mention of eating cold spaghetti of a newly made friend...I tried it. She's right! Its wonderful".

OMG is it awesome, or what?!?! I love to make it, then whatever is left over, mix the sauce with the noodles and, of course, refrigerate overnight. It's awesome for breakfast around 10-ish - not even microwaved - just straight cold and in a bowl! :-)

Blind Fly Theater said...

I'm with ya on this one, oh yes. I think sane people eventually come around to your suggestion, and begin to see people as beings rather than objects or projected fantasy.
I like your Dear Universe concept here... very clever, probably one of the best ways to approach blogging, and I'd guess it serves as great therapy.

"Kate Asaurus Rex" said...

Tams,
you are most welcome!
Tragically, 'b' was right and if we hadn't met the way we did we would've liked each other right off. LOL.
It really has been a pleasure getting to know you, sweet-gal.
==================================
SparkleMirror,
Thank you,
Ive employed my theory and it has paid off and 'hasnt'. LOL.
Thank you for the comps on the concept of my blog. My sister and I used to always start our wishes or statements about gripes we had with life as..."dear Universe" ..and it stuck. LOL.